Graphite in Oil Dispersion
PJ-C is a high solids content, micro-graphite dispersion in hydro-treated naphthenic petroleum oil. When used as a graphite additive in many mold release compounds, PJ-C provides extraordinary, high performance release properties. In oils or greases, the graphite treats solid surfaces, allowing for reduction in friction, temperature, wear, corrosion, and energy consumption in areas where maximum lubrication and protection are desired. Lubricants containing PJ-C protect equipment from expensive downtime and excessive maintenance.
PJ-C produces no airborne contamination and exhibits no heavy settling problems compared with adding graphite powders to lubricants and mold release compounds. PJ-C blends easily with base oils to give any required reduced solids concentration. The high graphite content of PJ-C results in cost effectiveness in use.
Product Benefits / Features:
- Provides excellent mold release properties
- Good long-term suspension stability characteristics
- Dramatically extends equipment life and increases reliability
- Provides no airborne contamination compared with powders
- Reduces wear on component surfaces
- Reduces friction and provides higher loads
- Reduces operating temperatures
- Unique plating action on surfaces protects against lubrication starvation
|Appearance:||Smooth, thick, pourable fluid|
|Lubricating Solid:||Processed synthetic micro-graphite|
|Solids Content:||34-38% graphite|
|Carrier:||Severely hydro-treated naphthenic oil|
|Density @ 25 °C:||9.18 - 9.68 lbs/gal (1.10 - 1.16 g/cc)|
|Viscosity @ 25 °C:||35,000 - 60,000 cps (#6 spindle @ 20 rpm)|
|Flash Point (Closed Cup):||> 400 °F (204 °C)|
|Solubility in water:||Insoluble|
*Typical Properties do not constitute exact specifications.
- Glass mold release additive
- Grease and oil additive
- Assembly or thread lubricant component
- Forging and die casting compound additive
- Extrusion compound additive
- ANYWHERE YOU NEED TO ADD HIGH PERFORMANCE, HIGH-LOAD, HIGH TEMPERATURE PROPERTIES TO INDUSTRIAL AND AUTOMOTIVE LUBES
PJ-C can be blended with most commercially available oils, greases, and naphthas. Heat the PJ-C and diluents, as blending is more efficient when viscosities are reduced. PJ-C should be mixed thoroughly prior to blending with other components of the finished product. Continuous agitation is recommended throughout the blending operation.
If the product is stored for prolonged periods, it must be thoroughly mixed before use. No special handling is required. Keep containers tightly closed to prevent contamination.
This product is non-hazardous under normal use. However, it may cause skin irritation in some cases. Caution: Do not take internally as PJ-C contains petroleum hydrocarbons. Refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for further information and proper first aid instructions.
The data contained on this sheet represent typical properties and are not to be used as a basis for preparation of specifications. No warranty or guarantee is expressed or implied regarding the accuracy of these data or the results to be obtained from the use of the product.