Alkaline Ultrasonic Cleaner for Silicon Wafers
ULTRACLEAN 04-K is a high pH KOH (potassium hydroxide)-based highly alkaline cleaner, formulated for the removal of wire saw slurries and lapping slurries from solar and semiconductor wafers. ULTRACLEAN 04‑K is designed for use in ultrasonic tanks.
Product Benefits / Features:
- Highly concentrated, high pH cleaner
- Works well for cleaning wire saw fluids or lapping slurries from wafers
- Excellent solvency for cleaning both oil- and water-based slurries
- Moderate foaming characteristics
- Additional 5% potassium hydroxide (45% solution) can be added for tough cleaning operations
- Low BOD and COD
|Density - (G/CC):||1.08 – 1.32|
|pH:||13.00 – 14.00|
*Typical Properties do not constitute exact specifications.
ULTRACLEAN 04-K is designed for a dilution range of 1-5% in deionized water. For solar wafer cleaning, it is suggested that ULTRACLEAN 04-K be used initially at 5% in deionized water in an ultrasonic dip tank at 60-65°C. Up to 5% additional potassium hydroxide can be added to enhance cleaning performance if required. Rinse twice with deionized water after cleaning.
ULTRACLEAN 04-K works more efficiently when used in ultrasonic baths. For normal cleaning, 40 – 70 Khz ultrasonic frequency is standard. The 70 – 200 Khz cleaning frequency range is recommended for gentle cleaning of optics and solar and semiconductor wafers.